The world’s appetite for microchips and semiconductors shows no signs of slowing down, and that is driving huge growth in the demand for micro-electronics. The supply chains that produce these components are often complex – with valuable materials and highly sensitive products often undertaking several journeys in the process of becoming part of a chip or a semi-conductor.
Because we can offer a range of highly specialised industrial processes, experienced operators and technicians, and a range of machinery and plant, Pronexos is an ideal partner for companies operating in this supply chain to combine several steps into one – we call this vertical integration.
Services we can offer include:
- Electron beam welding: a specialist welding technique ideal for small, precise welds that don’t disturb the weld area.
- Specialist welds: EB welding is also ideal for deep and narrow welds. This technique can be used to join together all of the most commonly used metals in the semiconductor industry
- Clean room assembly: we have extensive clean room facilities on site at our plant in Almelo, The Netherlands, plus the experienced technicians to deliver efficient and skilled clean room assembly
- Heat treatments: with more than four decades of experience and successful delivery, Pronexos are experts in delivering heat treatments like annealing, brazing and vacuum brazing
- Materials research and development: Pronexos can also offer a dedicated materials laboratory and extensive other R&D facilities on our sites. This enables us to add significant value to client projects via our research and testing capacity.
Adding value to the semiconductor supply chain
With our heritage in creating highly sensitive and efficient components for use in the nuclear fuel cycle, we at Pronexos are highly experienced in advanced manufacturing techniques. Semi-conductor supply chain companies who partner with us can draw on our ability to make significant improvements in manufacturing and assembly processes including:
- Process design and refinement
- Line design: layout and technique engineering for “lean” manufacturing
- Added value in designing and improving assemblies and sub-assemblies.
If you are looking to achieve vertical integration for your semi-conductor supply chain, please contact Pronexos to discuss your needs.