Carbon fibre roller capabilities
Filament wet winding is one of our key competencies and we have extensive experience with both composite and metal interfaces.
- Our high strength CFRP rollers have a very strong cost to performance ratio
- We are able to manufacture to specific requirements with in-house balancing and testing
- We can provide roller surfaces according to the customers specification.
We have an extensive, high capacity manufacturing site with rapid (6 to 8 week) delivery times. We have significant experience of manufacturing collars with a long history in the production in other sectors with the manufacture of drive shafts and flywheels from composite materials.
Our CFRP roller specifications
We provide lightweight rollers and shafts with dimensions of a maximum length of 4500 mm, minimum inner diameter of 20 mm and a maximum outer diameter of 400 mm.
- Using fibres such as glass fibre, HT, HM, UHM and UUHM
- Automatic mixing, dosing and thermographic determination of resin blends
- Excellent laminate and surface quality for rubber coating
- We provide in-line gelling and post-curing.
- Printing (all sectors)
- Foil production
- Paper production
Resources and capabilities
Our dedicated teams of highly skilled engineers and technical support staff provide high quality solutions and use their knowledge, skills and experience to provide the ideal solution tailored to our customers precise need. In order to do this they have the following resources at their disposal:
- 7 wet winding lines and ancillary volume equipment
- Customised production facilities
- High-spec in-house balancing
- In-house testing of materials and components
- Production of collars and bushings
- A design studio that provides support with model simulations
- Roller surfaces according to customer requirement
- With in-house R&D and continuous investment, our products are constantly and continuously improving.
Carbon fibre rollers versus steel rollers
Our carbon fibre rollers are engineered fit-for-purpose and offer tremendous advantage over steel rollers. Advantages include:
- Virtually no frequency transference with carbon fibre means rollers can operate at higher speeds than steel
- Reduced stress greatly increases the life and efficiency of motors and bearing
- Reduced energy consumption
- Carbon fibre rollers have 80% reduced weight of a steel rollers, reducing handling and health and safety issues on change over
- Carbon fibre rollers increase speed significantly faster than steel rollers.
See our full range of carbon fibre rollers.